We Build SEO Friendly Websites for Your Successful Business
Before launching our project we always check whether the website is prepared for the business on the World Wide Web.
During our development process we try to take care of a lot of things to get your website ready for successful online sales. Among other things we make sure that the sites we built are SEO friendly and they are easy to be optimized for search engines by either our customers themselves or by our company or any other company specializing in SEO.
Having even the most amazingly looking website with a lot of customer-oriented features and functionalities is not enough and it does not guarantee that your online business will be a success unless the website can be easily found by customers. This is where search engine optimization (SEO) comes in handy. SEO is deemed to be increasingly important for any kind of online business as search engines are able to bring the most targeted and the cheapest traffic to a site, thus ensuring a decent conversion rate without spending a single dime for PPC or advertisement.
Our team of web designers and web developers is aware of the importance of being optimized for search engines especially when it concerns eCommerce websites. And since our primary goal is to make our customers’ online business stable and profitable, we double check whether the final release of the site is ready to perform well in search engines. Below you can find a SEO checklist distributed to departments of our company to make sure that websites we build are SEO friendly.
We hope that this SEO check list will be helpful both for those who already own a website and those who are planning to have one built for them… hopefully by QuartSoft.
Content SEO Checklist
- Page (Meta) Title – includes primary keyword(s);
- Page (Meta) Title – most important keyword positioned closer to the beginning of the title;
- Page (Meta) Title – less than 70 characters (10 – 64 is optimal number);
- URL – short and descriptive;
- URL – includes primary keyword(s);
- URL – dashes not underscores;
- H1 title – at least one H1 per page;
- H1-H6 titles – primary keyword(s) included;
- <B> or <STRONG> tag enclosing primary keywords and key phrases in the on-page copy
- Body Text (very advisable to have it on each page) – contains keywords and their variations and synonyms, evenly distributed throughout the copy;
- Major keywords (key phrase) in the first paragraph of copy;
- Alt text for images – descriptive, keyword rich;
- Meta Description – good “ad copy”;
- Meta Description – 156 characters or less;
- Sitemap – new content included in a sitemap (HTML and XML);
- Optimized quick-loading images;
- Easy to use navigation (bread crumbs where possible);
- Clean code without broken tags;
- Domain name containing primary keywords (if possible).
- Internal links – links to related pages (from within the body text if possible) using good keywords in anchor text;
- Internal links – linking to from other internal pages;
- External links – links out to other trustworthy and related sites using descriptive anchor texts;
- Nofollow links – correctly used, no excessive use;
- No more than 100 links per page – reasonable number of links on each page;
- No broken links.
- Web page includes buttons to share on social networks;
- Web page includes links to social media pages of the business (if already available).
Checklist of Favorable Technical SEO Aspects (where applicable)
- Flash – primary (or critical) content not included in flash;
- Robots.txt – content not blocked for search engines;
- URL – no session id’s and excessive parameters;
- URL – static;
- CSS – all CSS in external file and linked to, rather than in the source code;
- 301 – redirect any relevant (outdated) content to new content;
- 301 – used to canonicalize site/content;
- 302 – not used;
- Frames – not used;
- Rel Canonical – implemented correctly on every page;
- Analytics Tracking – installed on all pages;
- Meta Robots – Noopdp, noydir, noarchive;
- Meta Robots – Noindex, nofollow removed when content pushed live.
Analytics and Statistics
- Google Analytics installed on each page;
- Site is registered with Google Webmaster Central.
Basic Link Building Checklist
- A few initial backlinks from reputable websites (social media, major bookmarking sites) to get indexed fast;
- Keyword research;
- Top 10 competitors analysis;
- Submit to quality directories;
- Relevant blog commenting and forum posting;
- Anchor text diversification (including the brand name and URL);
- Dofollow links within articles;
- Dofollow and Noflollow inbound links for a natural backlinking pattern;
- Twits including URL to pages with important content;
- Create and post sitemap.xml with Google Webmaster Central.